It's Tee Ball Time in Tennessee!

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

I am beyond excited for this next season of our life, the season of little league sports.  We are experimenting with different sports to see what she likes at this stage in her life.  We have tried soccer, played 3 seasons actually, and she loves it!  We tried basketball over the summer and she couldn't have been more proud of herself when she learned to dribble.  We have tried dance and although it was a struggle more times than not through the year, she grew to love it once she was up on the big stage for the final recital!  We have tried swimming lessons, which she also loved.  This year we are trying tee ball and gymnastics.  

We have been preparing her for starting something new: tee ball on the Cardinals team.  We bought a pink bat, pink cleats, and a pink helmet because after all, if you are going to play tee ball, you should do it always wearing pink.  She woke up from her nap over-the-moon excited to play for the first time tonight, running in circles screaming "Go Cards!" (We are practicing the cheering too!)

I despised playing softball when I was young.  In fact, any sport that involved a ball flying at my face or a group of people watching my every move was assumed pure torture.  Needless to say, I was a far better spectator than player and spent my younger days cheering on my friends at the fields.  Given Reese has inherited some of my Type A personality traits, I was a little concerned about how she would handle the frustrations of not being a pro tee baller right from the get go.  All of my fears disappeared the second she ran out to the field.  Her grin said it all!  She thrives in the spotlight!  The bigger audience the better in her little mind.  I had no idea what to expect, but couldn't help but say over and over again, this is so fun!  I could get used to being a tee ball mom...



She couldn't quite figure out how to run the bases. In fact, she would start toward one and half way there, skip it and run to the next, but we are working on it! 


 This girl loves to run, loves to get dirty, and loves sports, but when she landed on home base, she said, "Mommy, I don't think I like running. I'm totally sweaty!"


 Learning to get "baseball ready".

 Our little lefty.




 We like Coach Tom!



 Keeping her eye on the ball.



Go Cardinals!

It's too early to say for sure, but I think this just might be her thing!



share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
Add a comment »