Longing for Summer

Saturday, May 2, 2009

With summer just around the corner, I was remembering how great last summer was and how much our lives have changed since mine and Jocelyn's cross-country road trip together in July 2008.

In July 2008, Jocelyn and I had been living in Florida for 16 years. Since then, Jocelyn has become a resident of California, and I, a resident of Tennessee.

In July 2008, Jocelyn had just graduated from nursing school a few months prior and was pondering what to do next while looking for a job, and I was applying to PA schools and was pondering what to do next while keeping my fingers crossed for an interview. Since then, Jocelyn has completed a neonatal nursing residency and is a nurse in the neonatal intensive care unit at the Children's Hospital of Los Angeles, and I was accepted to PA school at South College and am now half way finished the didactic period of my program.

In July 2008, Jocelyn and I could only imagine what we were about to experience in the next 2 years of our lives! Now in a bit more of a real-world situation, I am longing for the days when my life didn't consist of lectures 40 hours a week and studying 40 more hours of the week, being able to do what I wanted whenever it was convient. With that being said, I couldn't be more thankful for all that has happened in my life so far and for the future I have ahead of me!


Here is the link to watch it in a bigger version through youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBlPyEGUb-8


share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
Add a comment »